I worked at the retreat again today so I was up early. It was very easy to get out of bed, I wasn’t tired at all.
Lemon, ginger and warm water
Juice number 1
Apple, pineapple, cucumber, lime and avocado
(Same as before)
Pineapple contains vitamin A and potassium, as well as an enzyme called papain which helps digestion. It is also high in vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants are necessary to fight the free radicals associated with some cancers.
Juice number 2
Apple, chard, cucumber and celery
+ a wheatgrass shot
Green juice is rich in chlorophyll, which gives greens their colour. Chlorophyll helps your body detoxify. Chlorophyll also helps oxygen transport in your body and is a top nutrient for balancing your body’s pH by helping to reduce acidity
Juice number 3
Apple, pineapple, avocado, spinach, cucumber, lime and celery
Tonights soup is Roasted Tomato
1 kg fresh tomatoes
small bunch of fresh basil
3 unpeeled cloves of garlic
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive
1 large potato
2 rounded teaspoons tomato purée
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
Skin the tomatoes
Pre heat the oven to gas 5 or 190C
- slice each tomato in half and arrange the halves on the baking tray
- Place the garlic cloves on the tray as well, leaving their skins on. season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Rip some basil over the top of everything.
- Put into the oven and roast for 1 hour or until the edges of the tomatoes are slightly blackened.
- About 20 minutes before the end of the roasting time, peel and chop the potato, place it in a saucepan with some salt and 500ml of boiling water. Add the tomato purée then simmer for about 20 minutes.
- When the tomatoes are ready, remove them from the oven.
- Put the tomatoes and all their juices into a food processor, squeeze the pulp from the garlic in with the tomatoes and discard the skins.
- Then add the contents of the potato saucepan and whiz everything to a thick purée, not too smooth.
- You can slowly re-heat it.
The main thing I felt today was a flatter stomach.
Even though I have only lost 3lbs.
I feel less puffy in my tissues. Less congestion.
Doing a soup/juice cleanse rests the digestive system. The addition of soup provides a good amount of fibre, and fibre supports detoxification. Soup also relies primarily on vegetables rather then fruit so it is low on the glycemic scale.
Hope you had a good day
See you tomorrow.